The first missionaries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) came to Paraguay in 1917, with the vision of starting work in education and service. In 1920 founded the International School, the first co-educational school in the country, marking the beginning of their institutional work.
In 1940 he built the first temple on the avenida Peru, strengthening the mission and giving impetus to new communities in places such as Coronel Oviedo, Villa Aurelia, Streams, and Swamps, Lambaré and City of the East, with projects focusing on faith, education and service.
In those years it was also the Camp Jack Norment, close to Caacupé, as a space for training, recreation and encounter with nature, named in honor of a son of the missionary pioneers.










In 1952, the congregation of the neighborhood Pinozá, in Asunción, was officially created. A year later, in 1953, started educational activities with a pre-school, providing an innovative service. Intertwining the spiritual with the social, the church from its center of Pinozá pushed for training in languages and crafts such as cooking, typing, adult literacy, nursing, and also launched programs such as the School Mission of Friendship, a polyclinic, workshops for children in street situation and job training for women.

President icdc py
The motto “In the essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all love” sums up its identity, and emphasizes the ecumenical, community care and comprehensive training. This vision has guided his presence, promoting spaces of encounter, service, and spiritual growth. With this mission, his work transcended religious to become a significant contribution to the educational and social development of the country.